Security First Managers, LLC values you as a customer and we share your concerns regarding the privacy of your nonpublic personal information1 (your “customer information”). This notice is to inform you of our policies regarding collection, use, and protection of customer information for our current and former customers. As a provider of products and services that involve compiling personal and sometimes sensitive information, protecting the confidentiality of that information is a top priority for Security First Managers.
Our Privacy Principles:
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not share customer information with nonaffiliated parties that would use your customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Security First Managers customer information.
- We have procedural, technical, and physical safeguards in place to protect your customer information.
What Customer Information Do We Collect?
We collect and use information we need to conduct our business, to advise you of our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes. The information collected varies depending on the products or services you request, and may include:
- Information provided on applications and related forms, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, age of your home, and type of construction.
- Information from your transactions with us and our affiliates or others, including, without limitation, how long you have been a Security First customer, your payment history, your type of insurance coverage, your premiums, underwriting information and claims records..
We routinely collect information from third-party consumer reporting agencies in regards to customer credit information and prior loss/claim history. In the event that your policy is canceled or non-renewed because of information obtained from a third-party provider, you should know:
- The decision is made by Security First Managers only, not the third party provider;
- The name(s) and phone number(s) of the third party providers used to obtain information on you will be listed in a notice of cancellation or non renewal;
- You may obtain that information free of charge if requested within 60 days by contacting the third-party provider directly.
What Do We Do With Your Customer Information?
We use your customer information to enhance our service to you, underwrite your policies, process your claims, ensure proper billing, service your account, measure your interest in our products or services, improve existing products and develop new ones, and monitor customer trends. As permitted by federal and state laws, we may enter into agreements to share or exchange information with companies engaged to work with us to enhance the quality of the services provided to you. Under these agreements, the companies may receive information about you, but they are required to safeguard this information and they may not use it for any other purposes. Such third parties are required by Security First Managers to conform to our privacy standards.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our policyholders or claimants to any third parties except as permitted by law. We do not sell customer information to anyone, and we do not share customer information with nonaffiliated companies that would use that information to market their own products or services to you. We may be required by law or regulation to disclose information to third parties. For example, we may be required to disclose information in response to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with rules of, or inquiries from, industry regulators.
How Do We Protect Your Customer Information?
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. We continually review our privacy and customer information security policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security. Under our control policies, for example, access to customer information is restricted to individuals who need it in order to service your policy, or provide products and services to you, and who are trained in the proper handling of such information. Employees who violate these confidentiality requirements are subject to disciplinary proceedings.
It is important that the information we maintain about you is accurate and complete. If you see information in your policy, billing statements, or elsewhere, which suggest that our information is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact your local agent or write to us and we will update your information as needed. Please reference your policy number on any correspondence sent to our office:
Security First Managers
P.O Box 105651 ATLANTA, GA 30348-5651
This privacy notice is not evidence of insurance coverage and should not be accepted by anyone as evidence that insurance coverage is in force.
1 As defined in the Gramm Leach Bliley Act. This generally includes, but is not limited to, nonpublic information you provide to us or that we obtain about you in connection with the policyholder relationship.